Thank you for your interest in helping San Diego Canyonlands. Please don’t hesitate to call if you have any questions about the volunteer opportunities in this list (619-284-9399).
Earn School Community Service Credit!
Students and others can earn Community Service Credits by participating in SDCL cleanup/restoration events. Click for more information.
1. Routine Monthly Volunteer Events
See our Events Calendar for Routine Events. Get involved with invasive weed removal, cleanup, and native plant restoration efforts!
2. Other Volunteer Opportunities
You don't just have to get your hands dirty in a canyon to help out! We can always use volunteer assistance for such work as:
- Flyer Distribution & Other Outreach
- Truck/Hauling Services (make pick-ups and runs to landfill)
- Landscape Professionals: Restoration Planning Skills, QAC-certified herbicide sprayers, Chain Saw certification, Chipper
- Event Write-ups for Newsletter
- Administration: Filing, Office Organizing, Etc.
- Legal Support: General support, Environmental Regulations, CEQA, etc.
- Bookkeeping Support: QuickBooks for Non-Profits
- Tax Reporting Services, CPA
For more information, email email@example.com.
Interns form an integral part of our programs. We offer university internships where students gain applied work experience in:
- Restoration Ecology
- Geographic Information Systems (GIS) Mapping
- Stewardship Group Building (Community Organizing)
- Landscape Architecture
- City/Urban Planning
For more information, check out our staff page to see what kind of work our interns do, then email your resume and an explanation of your interests to SDCL Executive Director Eric Bowlby at firstname.lastname@example.org.